Basically, it may be overwhelming and stressful for you as a homeowner to choose replacement windows among all window types. Obviously, in the coming years, probably about 20 years, you will be affected by your choice. Nowadays, there are different types of windows in the market, which you can select based on your budget and style. It is essential to know the design that works for each of your windows. Besides, you should determine the amount you are willing to spend. Many manufacturers like Pella, Plygem, and Jeld-wen produce various window types that you can select.
Here, in the Orange County area, we have many weather changes. Windows must resist heavy rain, strong winds, and other conditions. Therefore, it is crucial to have the best choice among various options that withstand these conditions. Otherwise, you need to repair or replace them every now and then.
Based in Laguna Hills, Orange County, CA, Devina Home is honored to provide you with renovating and remodeling services. Our specialist in Devina Home can help you from selecting to installing the windows for your home in Mission Viejo and Aliso Viejo.
To get a start today, please call +1(714) 357 7156 to talk to our friendly team members.
Most of the top window brands offer 5 different types of window frame materials for window replacement. They are different in energy efficiency, style, and durability. Here, we are going to discuss the specification of types of window frames.
1) Aluminum Window Frame
A good choice for modern buildings is the aluminum window. The most common use of them is in commercial buildings rather than residential. If you conclude using an aluminum window type, select the model whose frame includes a thermal barrier. The inside and outside of the frame separates with plastic or rubber
- They are more affordable than other window types.
- It is lightweight.
- You can have a narrow frame that allows you to have more glass areas and better views.
- You don’t need to repaint it as it is available in baked-on finishes.
- It is not susceptible to insects.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- You can install it easily.
- This type of frame is permeable to moisture.
- It doesn’t have a variety in color.
- It has poor insulation and is considered the least energy-efficient material as it doesn’t hold up to heat.
- If you are living near saltwater and air, you should know that aluminum is prone to corrosion.
Related article: Six Important Things Every Parent Should Consider When Deciding on Home. Renovation
Please set up an appointment with Devina Home to ask your questions.
2) Wooden Window Frame
Choosing wood will be the best option if you are going for natural beauty. Because of many reasons, wood is popular among homeowners. Wood would bring a traditional appearance to your home. As a natural resource, it is durable. For hundreds of years, they have been used in homes and are environmentally friendly. You can see that the wood window frame has adapted very well to modern standards. You can have it in many sizes and shapes.
- It is possible to match it with your decoration by painting or staining.
- You can use it as a barrier to sound.
- Wood has good strength, and for long-lasting performance, it gets harder.
- During winter and summer will give better insulation.
- With an aesthetic view, it adds value to your home.
- It requires regular maintenance.
- Weather conditions affect wood in such a way that it wraps and rots.
- Compare to other materials; it has a higher initial cost
- Insects, especially termites, can destroy wood.
Related article: Heart of the house and the center of activity.
Come to visit our Devina Home showroom at 23015 Del Lago Dr #C1, Laguna Hills, CA 92653.
3) Vinyl Window Frame
Frames of vinyl windows compose of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) that can be found in other household items, such as plumbing products and construction. There are two forms of vinyl: recycled vinyl and pure virgin vinyl. Cost and durability are the two main differences. Compared to recycled vinyl, pure virgin vinyl is stronger and lasts longer.
- It has at least 15 to 20 years of lifespan.
- It is lightweight.
- Compared to wooden window frames and fiberglass window frames, vinyl is less expensive.
- It doesn’t have a complicated installation process.
- Vinyl is prevented from corrosion and rotting with UV resistant properties.
- It requires low maintenance.
- It is very energy efficient because the frames are airtight.
- It suffers from a lack of color options.
- It is hard to recycle as it is not made of natural products.
- Darker shades might become less bright during the time
Related article: 6 Useful Tips for Choosing the Right Style for Window Replacement
Please feel free to contact us at +1(714) 357 7156 for better suggestions.
4) Fiberglass Window Frame
In recent years fiberglass windows have become more and more popular. It is a strong and durable material because of its makeup of reinforced glass. Fiberglass is famous for resisting temperature and weather changes better than other materials.
- Among all other materials, fiberglass is the best insulator because of its foam-fill core.
- It is resistant to fading over time.
- Because of the stiffness of fiber-reinforced resin, fiberglass frames are thinner.
- It is not affected by moisture, So it is resistant to mold, rotting, or corrosion.
- It has low maintenance.
- The frames of fiberglass are entirely recyclable, so it is completely eco-friendly.
- For a warmer aesthetic, you have the option to have real wood over fiberglass.
- It can tolerate hot temperatures, so it doesn’t warp, expand, or contract.
- Fiberglass has a higher cost.
- It is hard to customize it, as it doesn’t have many colors.
- Fiberglass is not flexible, so its installation is more complex than other options.
Related article: Tips to Find the Best Kitchen Remodeling Contractors for Your 2021 Remodeling Project
5) Composite Window Frame
This type of frame consists of metal, wood, and vinyl. You will have a stronger product by choosing composite windows, which have the best aspect of different materials. At the beginning of their production, they were just used for the windowsills, but nowadays, the window frame is entirely made from composite.
- With good insulation to sound and heat, it is energy efficient.
- You can have a wood appearance with composite material so that composite can be stained or painted.
- Composite has low- maintenance.
- Although the composite frame is made up of wood byproducts, it handles moisture well.
- It costs higher than other materials.
Related article: Top-Notch Ideas for Bathroom Vanity in a 2022 Modern Bathroom.
Please call us to access our fabulous ideas at +1(949) 880 8460.
There are many windows types, and choosing a proper one among all of them that works well during the time is challenging. There are five types of window frames: Aluminum, Wood, Vinyl, Fiberglass, Composite. Each of them has its pros and cons that we discuss in this article. After you decide on the best window type for your home, the next step would be finding a reputable window company.
At Devina Home, we are proud of our reputation for providing stunning window replacement and installation services to our faithful customers across Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo, and Aliso Viejo. Get in touch with one of the Devina Home team today for further information and support on performing the best window renovation to protect you and your family for many years to come.
What Is The Best Window Type to Have? (n.d.). superiorwindowcompany.
(2021, August 26). Modernize. Types of Window Frames for Replacement.
6 Common Window Materials for Your Home.(n.d.). Bannerconstruction.
NMR. (2020, December, 01). Fosterlumber. Different Types of Window Materials and Their Advantages.
Types of Materials. (n.d.). homecraftwindows. Types of Window Materials.