Nowadays, a walk-in closet is the latest trend to store clothes, bags, jewelry, and footwear. You can use it as a changing room as well. Practically, a custom closet is well-designed and timeless. If you need one in your house, make sure to underline your needs. It will help you to choose the perfect design for your closet.
Why: Get Its Answer
Why do you need a custom walk-in wardrobe? Your answer to this question is important to create more function and flow in your home. Try to specify your goals and desired outcomes for the closet. Your closet should serve your overarching goals to reach its full potential. For this reason, answer the following questions before spending money on the walk-in closet organizer.
- What are the current challenges with your closet?
- Why do you want it in your new closet?
- How do you feel after getting a dream closet?
- What special accessories do you need in your custom closet, and how would these accessories change your life?
After answering all these questions, you will have everything you need in your custom closet.
Make Your Space Lively
Numerous people dislike vibrant colors, but a splash of bright colors is necessary to make your space lively. Add a fun, bright seat to your custom wardrobe, or choose a colorful wall. In fact, you can consult professionals to incorporate bright colors in your custom closet design.
DIY Approach to Install Custom Closets
Nowadays, people like to take DIY walk-in wardrobes because of better services and tools. You can follow this approach, but do your research to collect sufficient information about the design process. Here is an overview of DIY closet installation.
- Design: Select a closet design available in the market, use a measuring guide to take space measurements, and search a closet according to these measurements.
- Manufacture: After finalizing pricing and design, you can call professionals to produce an on-site closet.
- Delivery or Pickup: After wrapping and cutting all materials, you are ready to pick them up from the manufacturing facility. However, you can pay additional charges to get their delivery services.
Bright Lights in Closet
Lighting is an essential element of walk-in closet systems. You can choose overhead lighting to make the space impressive, stately, and valuable. Try to put a light between you and your clothing to avoid a shadow on your belongings. Storage lighting is another option for cabinets and cupboards in a closet.
Natural lighting in a closet will be a blessing, and you can get natural light by focusing on your design. If you need privacy, consider frosted glass to create a window effect. Moreover, a skylight is an excellent option in your walk-in closet.
Typically, the purpose of a closet is storage only, but there are many ways to use a closet. You can choose a multi-purpose design if you want the best walk-in closet systems. For your convenience, here are some ideas to make your closet a multi-purpose space:
- Install reading nooks
- Add your makeup station
- Designate space for folding and laundry sorting
- Put ironing stations
- Add some storage for seasonal items and clothing
After reading all these ideas, you can create a custom walk-in closet and maximize the value of your money.
Devina Home Design is a leading closet organizer in Orange County, California. We will create a streamlined walk-in closet that will put everything you need at your fingertips. Our experienced technicians are among the most skilled in the industry and work closely with our clients to walk them through every stage of their project.
Not sure where to start? Give us a call